Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mrs Lee

i was not sure what made me think of my late principal Mrs Caroline Lee but i'm glad that memories of the past came back to me...

i don't know how to put into words the things that she had done for St Margaret's... but her sudden death on 7th May 2004 made me realise that i should never hesitate to tell anyone how i feel or how much they mean to me...

i admit that i'm guilty of making fun of her behind her back when i was younger... but as i grew older, i realised that she was not just a principal. she was like a mother, ready to nurture anyone whom needed to be and always ready to forgive. till this day, i still miss her... i was flipping through my secondary school report book and saw one of the reports slips that was signed by her.. above the signature read "go for it!"

although it was a simple sentence, it was definately soothing to the heart that at least someone as high and mighty like her in the school would encourage me...

i remember that the whole school was folding paper cranes for her when we knew that she was hospitalised. you might think that it was a waste of time but at least it took our minds off the possibility that she would just leave the earth.

when it was appoximately two, my form teacher came into the classroom with her tear stained face. we knew almost immediately that it was bad news. all of us broke down and cried.

for that moment, the whole school was silent. only an occasional sniff was heard. not a single word was spoken. the school was grieving for the lost of their dearest principal.

i will forever remember the day she passed away as it was a day before my 17th birthday. i remember peering into her coffin during the wake and making a solemn oath that i would give in my best for my O levels.

i did my best and topped the level.

"Give of your best to the Master". This is the phrase she always uses to encourage us and this phrase will forever more be etched in my heart.

You raise me up
So I can stand on mountains
You raise me up
To walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up
To more than I can be

To Candice: Thank you for being there for me last night when i needed someone. You are the best friend that I've ever had.

* thank you for being honest with me. at least now i know that i can move on. may we be good friends* =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home