Thursday, February 16, 2006

Valentine's Day

yesterday was Valentine's Day and it was definately the most memorable one.. haha.. well, let me start by introducing my date yesterday... she is Candice!!! my all time good buddy from St Margaret's Secondary... anyway, we were suppose to meet at 7pm at Serangoon MRT station... however, she was late (as usual) and I took this opportunity to roam around the place because I had never really walked around there before...

finally, at abt close to 8pm, Candice finally called to say that she had reached and I went back to the train station to meet her... after which, we walked to the bus interchange which is just a stone throw away to take a bus to our destination... CHOMP CHOMP FOOD CENTRE!!! hahaha.. we boarded bus 317 and asked the bus driver how many bus stops to chomp chomp... he confidently replied " 4 bus stops."

we sat down and chatted excitedly abt what we were going to eat and anxiously counted the number of bus stops. At the 4th bus stop, we alighted and were pretty excited for some reason or other... hmmm.. like little kids going to the zoo for an excursion... haha. anyway, we were happily chatting when Candice suddenly stopped in her tracks and asked

Candice: where is chomp chomp?
Me: eh....... dunno..
Candice: shit... we are lost... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Me: ???????

I looked at the path in front of me and realised that we have indeed stopped at the wrong stop... we were stranded in the middle of many landed properties and there was nothing in front but houses.... at that moment, I didn't know what to do and called a friend who is staying in Serangoon to ask for directions... I presume he was laughing at our stupidity and how could we lose our way in SERANGOON!!! but.. oh well... we did.. so yeah.. haha... while he was giving me directions on my left ear, Candice was brawling like a spoilt brat at the other ear... omg... I couldn't even catch what my friend was saying.. all i could hear was "eh... you are actually very near chomp chomp.. you just have to find a way out of the landed properties.. " seriously, I felt so totally pissed with the bus driver.. he liar!!! liar liar pants on fire!!!

oh... anyway, we finally got ourselves out of the loooooooooooooooong stretch of houses and saw a food cantre in front of us.. we were delighted and brisk walked to the food centre, thinking it was chomp chomp... and so, we ordered fried kway teow, bbq stingray and squid, a chocolate cake( i was suprised that they sold a chocolate cake there. but oh well...) and sugar cane juice...

we ate and chatted and laughed at ourselves for being so blur... haha.. and I was quite thankful that i managed to survive the whole torturous brawling form Candice :p..

haha.. after dinner, we decided to take a bus back to the interchange and we walked further in... LO AND BEHOLD... I saw the four words CHOMP CHOMP FOOD CENTRE right in front of the bus stop!!! My heart sunk in dismay.... i tugged Candice's shirt and pointed to the food centre in front of us....

Candice: eh.... If this is chomp chomp... den....
Me: we came all the way here to eat chomp chomp food and we didn't??!!!
Candice: *erupts into laughter*

WTH!!! we came all the way to Serangoon just to eat the food from chomp chomp and we actually didn't? omg... at that time, I felt really dumb... and wished that some one would kill me for my dumb-ness... but... after a while, I joined Candice and we looked like two morons laughing on the bus... haha...

our next stop, Geylang. no.. we didn't purposly choose to go there to see the "bustling activities" but rather.. to eat the you tiao... haha.. anyway, another thing happened... we took the wrong train!!!! we were happily taking pictures when suddenly, Candice noticed that the train was going towards Punggol and no Harboufront!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! such stupidness... haha... we quickly alighted the train and board the CORRECT one...

I think its because of blurness cum stupidness cum dumbness that makes one high because, we were both laughing at the slightest things and we look like two drunkards laughing and walking in the train station... whahah.. seriously, thinking back now, I've never had this feeling for a long time.

anyway, we finally reached Kallang and we saw this old lady struggling with her trolley... as it was close to the time for the last train service, we offered our help and my goodness! the trolley was really heavy!!! imagine if she had to carry all that up the steps of the train station!!! the old lady was grateful towards our help thanked us non-stop. we were both quite happy that we did sthg good and accepted her countless gratitudes.

after that, we walked slowly towards the shop that sells really long you tiao and ordered only one piece plus tow cups of soya bean milk and a bowl of mee sua. all that cost a whooping $5.80 and the i felt that the food was not as fantastic as i thought. but after all... it was the quality time that me and Candice shared that mattered more so... we didn't really bothered abt the price.

after supper, we walked further in the streetsof Geylang because i needed to withdraw money. as we walked, we saw many prostituites sitting outside shops wear tube tops and mini skirts. I suddenly felt a pang of sadness for them as they had to sell their body just to earn a living... and some things happened that made me disgusted with the tiko men in Singapore.

as we walked past the prostitutes, we noticed that the men that walked past them kept on looking at their boobies!!! WTH... I mean yes, they are paid to sleep with men... but HELLO!!! U ARE ON THE STREETS U TIKO MEN! IF U WANNA SEE, PAY THEM!!!

arrgh!!! disgusting!!! and some more things happened.. while I was waiting in line to withdraw money, an old uncle kept looking at us from head to toe... I was fucking pissed I tell you. I turned to that man and looked at him striaght in the eye DIAO him. I then said to Candice in English

Me: i think that man is horny
Candice: yar la... keep on looking at us... we are not pros la!!!
Me and Candice: *stares at him*

WTF!!! I promise the next time I go to Geylang for supper, I'm going to ask some guys to go with us... I mean come on... not ALL girls you tiko men see in geylang are prostitutes OK!!!! Its just a pity that all the good food are in Geylang. or else, I would not even step foot into this area.

That was not the end... while waiting for a cab, an uncle in one of the coffee shops kept on looking lustfully at both of us. I quickly hailed a cab to get us out of this HELL and before we got onto the cab, Candice screamed (*sensored words... so used short forms) " CB LA!!! STARE WHAT!! KNN!!!" and I thought she pointed the middle finger but apparently, she did not... haiz... wasted...

haha... anyway, when we were in the cab, we had a serious talk.. regarding the people around us... her family and mine.. I think throughout the whole night, the 15mins or so spent in the cab was the most sane moments. haha...

when I've reached home, it was already abt 12.15am... and I was dead beat... but I think this day was the best Valentine's day I've ever spent in all my life... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home