Friday, February 17, 2006

grace?

I seriously think i need more grace... why? simple... cos I always receive comments like " Michelle, can you don't be so chor lor..." or some say "its time to be like a lady girl..." (-_-") okok... I have to admit that I'm indeed very chor lor. It's not that I do not want to be demure or anything, but look at the pple I'm mixing with!!! haha.. not to say that my friends are bad you noe... it's just that when we hang out together, we totally let our hair down.. and we do lots of crazy stuff!!! like chasing each other, laughing out loud (literally!!) and have eating sprees!!! besides, being demure is really really hard.. I tried once and within an hour, I gave up... I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I did not learn 'girly' stuff like ballet or piano..

I remember vaguely that I used to do sports since young... like swimming and cycling. And maybe, because of that, I learned to be more... eh... tough? chor lor? I dunno... but my point is that if i were to learn ballet when i was young, I could probably walk with grace, talk with grace and exhibit an aura of gracefulness... whahah... I know.. you are probably laughing your ass off right now trying to visualize me in a pink tutu, dancing on stage... what ever!!! haha

Speacking of which, I wonder if grace gives you an added advantage of being merticulous in the things you do and being careful of where you are walking... hmmm... Cause I'm an accident prone person... even as a little girl!!! omg... if i were to tell you every accident that happened to me ( which i remember), I think you would probably say " ... and you are still alive???"

ok.. I'll start with Kindergarden... If remember correctly, my class was playing the handkerchief game.. ( the one where the person puts the handkerchief behind you and you in turn have to catch the person) and it so happen that a boy by the name of Gary ( yesh, he is the only person i remember from kindergarden) put the handkerchief behind me... as i was getting ready to get up to catch him, for some reason or other, my two front teeth knocked against his bald head ( haha... he's botak)... my teeth was shaky and bleeding and i was crying cos it hurt... Gary on the other hand was crying too.. cos that poor boy's head hurt. so both of us were brawling like little babies...
and there was another time when i was in the car and was in the front seat. my uncle apparently did an emergency brake and i fell forward. my eye got injured, like i was punched by someone.
and there was also this time when i was jumping on the bed and i totally lost my balance and fell off the bed... hence, dislocating my left arm.. i was actually quite happy cos I'm a left hander... so it meant no homework for me!!!! yeah!!! kk... but it hurt...

now to primary school... I was P2 that year and i was walking towards the basketball court from the canteen... and there was this gap in the drain covers. I didn't know and stepped right thru it!!! oh man!!! my leg got stuck and I started crying ( again...) the cleaners then had to come and they freed my leg after 30 mins... gosh... that whole time was tramatic.. esp when i was only 8 years old.. and another time, i was walking across the running track and i didn't see that the seniors were training... those kukus didn't even siam me but ran into me!!! wth!! i literally flew and land with a loud thud on the ground face first... i tell you... the pain was excruiating and i was bleeding on my knees, arms and even my nose started to bleed...

And now, to secondary school... you would think that i would be more careful yeah? WRONG!!! besides the normal falls i have like slipping and fall, walking into the wall and just plainly fall down from my seat, one incident will forever be etched in my mind. most of my friends from the sec school would probaly noe that cos it was really funny...
i was sec 3 that year and was in camp. since i was the assistant camp commandent, i had to always check if things were going the way they should and was always running around the camp... and then, on that fateful Sunday, i was running up the steps to get changed into trekking attire and wasn't looking up... WHAMP!!! i ran into the rollar shutter of the stairs which was half opened... omg... i just laid motionlessly for a few sec and then saw all my camp mate gathering around me... and one officer attended to me... i asked her if i was bleeding badly cos i felt like i got cut by smthg sharp and my right eye was hurting badly... she just mumbled " there is a deep cut at the bridge of your nose and a blueblack on the right eye"
SHIT!!! how was my mother going to react if she saw me like that? i was driven to the hospital and was treated of my wounds. though they have healed, there is still a scar left on the nose. this is to remind me to ALWAYS be careful of where i'm going...
and when i was sec 5, an embarressing thing happened to me... i was in charge of locking the back door then and in my haste to lock the door that day, i tripped over my own leg ( can you believe that shit!!!) and fell with a really loud THUD!! it was so loud that the teacher and students in the class next door all came out to see what happened... wa lau... embarressing la!!! haha... but i just laughed it off and got on my feet quickly... i only got hurt on my butt.. so not that bad... haha...

Presently, although all my accidents are not as bad as before, they always happen because of my carelessness... i was taking down the clothes in the kitchen one afternoon... i wasn't sure what i was doing but i hit my head against the wall and a bump was formed... -_-"
and there are those minor accidents like knocking my leg against my bed frame, falling off the bed while reading and many more... haiz...

so now you see... i think i just need a grace...

oh... and just a random note... i was watching american idol yesterday and simon cowell said something which made me remember this phrase : I'm fed up of your hissy attitude.
oh whoa!!! its a strong and powerful sentence huh? haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home